Our investment philosophy is built around 6 core views:
- Investment markets are inefficient over the short to medium term
- A need to focus on the understanding, allocation and managing of risk
- Beta or market returns are important but not an automatic decision
- Currency needs to be considered ‘actively’ within the investment process
- Alternatives have a role to play in diversified portfolios
- Direct investment (such as equities) provide opportunities for targeted exposure to specific market segments identified as having strong growth characteristics.
Where appropriate for clients of Royston Capital, the Committee, will endeavour to recommend investment opportunities that are both productive of good financial returns and at the same time respectful of the world in which we live.
Thus the Committee will seek to avoid, within the limits of reasonable feasibility, having client monies invested with any investment manager or in an individual security which has substantial holdings in companies whose principal activity
- is destructive of the environment, or
- is discriminatory in work practices, or
- is directed to the production of armaments, or
- is gambling, or
- is exploitative of human dignity.
However, to the generally limited extent that its investment style (and policy) will make possible, the Committee will also seek to have a voice (direct or indirect) in influencing the attitudes and practices of the corporate development and management sector in relation to ethical issues and so will not be absolute in adopting a negative screening strategy.
Ethical ratings are provided for all ASX listed securities and portfolios.
Click here for further information about our Investment Philosophy.